Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thoughts on The Constitution of Liberty So Far 2: Chapter 7 Very Interesting Discussion

Once again as I read along the book The Constitution of Liberty, I found something that clears out a lot of my puzzlement, doubts and observations of political events around the world, but especially in Taiwan. Chapter 7, Majority Rule, contains a very insightful discussion on democracy and liberalism, which for some reasons I find it very closely related to what is exactly going on in Taiwan now. Mostly likely I think too much, but it does feel like that chapter is written particular for me and perhaps many other in Taiwan in this moment.

Some people feel Taiwan's politics as being chaotic beyond comprehension. Sometimes even I feel quite clueless. But after reading that chapter a lot of things seem to clear up in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment